Saturday, June 2, 2007

Progress and a big oooooooppps!!!!







The kitchen wall which is adjacent to the lounge, was removed today. And he took the whole wall, and forgot that it was stopping a metre from the other wall. Thank goodness I was there, otherwise the gyprock would have been gone from both sides. He was a bit peeaved with himself of course, because he just created himself more work. I am really happy I was here all day, imagine if I had come home and seen the whole thing was gone, studs and all!!! Anyway, like most things, there's a positive and the electrical wires can be easily moved now to their new positions, which will save us money and the electrician won't have to go up into the roof. During the day, I didn't let the renos cause me any inconvenience. Ages ago a dear friend of mine told me about packet profiteroles, so today I made them. Unfortunately the kidlets don't like them. Peter and I think they are just divine! Now who would like to come and have one for morning tea one morning this week???

Here are some photos.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Wow Jenny. It really is coming along now. How exciting.

I will jump on a plane tomorrow and be there for morning tea. I wish!!! Sorry you'll have to wait for October for that.

Suz said...

Am coming for morning tea this week! Need to see the kitchen now so I can really appreciate the spectacular result in the end. Must admit, though, having had my kitchen ripped apart twice, am glad it's you and not me. It will all be worth it though, especially the lovely view out the windows into greenery.

AL. said...

The kitchen is looking great Jenny! - I can foresee you will be spending a lot of time in there when its all finished lol! - I don't suppose there will be any profiteroles left by Friday night? lol.

Take care, :) AL.

Suzy said...

How exciting Jenny!

Yum to those profiteroles. I will look out for those. Every time I try to make cream puffs they don't puff.