Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What a day!

Gosh, what a day! I thought today was the lull before the storm, but, alas the storm has already begun. I though I'd take some time out in the morning to have my hair trimmed and my nails done. I even went to the gym.

I checked my voicemaiL as I was leaving the gym, to a message from Paul saying that the boys wanted to drop the new kitchen around!!! YIKES!! The old kitchen was still very much there. So, in a panic I rang Peter and he came home, and, with Opa's help, and even Grant's (the plumber, who is a good friend) they pulled the kitchen out so it's living on the front lawn.........looks very charming I might add.

Since the gym/nails/hair,
I have
* unpacked the pantry, trying hard to keep out necessities like tomatoe sauce, tea, milo etc.
* helped with removal of kitchen and stove
* put crap absolutely on every spare cm of my dining. and lounge area......
* vacuumed and mopped floors (twice!!) and last night all that once.
* washed dishes in laundry trough
* attended parent/teacher interview
* took kidlets to Maccy D's
* took older kidlets to footy training
* showered
* mopped and vacuumed (that was the second time today)
* did Mickey's homework with him......(very quickly)
* removed junk from kitchen table so we could eat it, because my planned picnic on the living room floor can't happen, because there isn't much floor left!!
* poured small glass of wine and sat down to write in blog............
* Peter is picking up kidlets and dinner.................

I will upload photos later. Peter is still putting up cornices and architraves, so that at least around the kitchen is done........oh I forgot to mention, the new kitchen cupboards are also being stored in my kitchen, to save them time in the morning....... I hope breakfast isn't a drama in the morning, although, with my kids........mmmm............who knows!!

No comments: